Sunday 7 December 2014

Scarborough Photographer - Higgle Yarn Bombs the Bathing Belle

I was pottering through town yesterday, on my way to get some lunch after a cold family shoot in Peasholm Park, and I happened upon a yarn bombing.



For anyone who is unfamiliar with yarn bombs  here is what wikipedia has to say about it:

'Yarn bombingyarnbombingyarn stormingguerrilla knittingkniffitiurban knitting or graffiti knitting is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colourful displays of knitted or crocheted yarn or fibre rather than paint or chalk.'

The piece of Scarborough that had been yarn bombed was the town's very own Bathing Belle statue that stands in the middle of the town centre. Which normally looks like this...


But yesterday, thanks to a local free form crochet artist Higgle, she looked like this!




I had to stop and take some photographs as she looked too pretty to miss!

Looking forward to the next one now, I wonder what it will be? :)




1 comment: